Senior Oracle DBA
Banyan Data Services (BDS) is a US-based data focused IT Company that specializes in comprehensive data solutions and services, headquartered in San Jose, California, USA.
We are looking for Senior Oracle DBA to join our data services team based out of Bangalore. This team focuses on most innovative Database Maintenance and 24/7 Support to provide highly scalable and available infrastructure.
It's a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to join our rocket ship startup run by a world-class executive team. We are looking for candidates that aspire to be a part of the cutting-edge solutions and services we offer that address next gen data evolution challenges.
- Minimum 3-6 years of experience as Oracle Database Administrator with monitoring, troubleshooting and diagnosing database systems
- Responsible for the 7X24 database administration tasks that includes database build, maintenance, schema changes, patch maintenance and backup
- Maintain the high availability of database infrastructure by using Oracle data guard
- Help the business to scale on Oracle databases by using Oracle RAC and other necessary technologies.
- Flexible on working on other database technologies, infrastructure and cloud.
- Experience on Oracle production support activities such as installation, administration, tuning, patching troubleshooting.
- Oracle RAC and data guard experience is must to have it.
- Demonstrated experience in the use of Shell scripting, Oracle PL/SQL for task automation
- Strong knowledge of troubleshooting of any Unix platform.
- Knowledge of PostgreSQL, MySQL, MongoDB, AWS RedShift, AWS RDS or any other cloud platform data service is a plus.
- Ambitious individual who can work under their own direction towards agreed targets/goals.
- Must be flexible to work on the office timings to accommodate the multi-national client timings
- Responsible for installation, Configuration & managing database server and applying security patches for upgrading versions of oracle database on different platforms
- Administration, performance monitoring, reporting, and root cause analysis
- Architect and build the High availability and Disaster recovery setup(DR)
- Provide the Database Health Checks and optimization, Monitoring and management setup/configuration
- Willing to learn new technologies and work on research orientated projects
- Proven interpersonal skills while contributing to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Scope and deliver solutions with the ability to design solutions independently based on high-level architecture.
- Independent thinking, Desire / Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with creativity and brainstorming